IVF Process is performed to assist couples who are unable to get pregnant naturally.
IVF Process is one of the effective forms of assisted reproductive technologies mainly designed to enhance the possibility of achieving pregnancy. This IVF Treatment Process has helped millions of people with certain medical issues to discover the joy of parenthood. And with the IVF Procedure, maybe next is you!
- IVF Treatment
- IVF Treatment Cost
- IVF Treatment Process
- IVF Treatment Success Rate
- Find Fertility Clinic Near You
- Fertility Doctors at Medicover
Generally, IVF Process involves a series of steps from retrieving eggs to the development of an embryo which is transferred to a woman's uterus to accomplish pregnancy or frozen for later usage. Here you will find the IVF process step by step.
Let us learn more about the IVF Procedure of infertility treatment technique and the IVF process from start to finish using at Medicover Fertility.
IVF Process Step by Step
IVF procedure is complex and demands precise timing, patience, and certain IVF processes step by step. Generally, the IVF process involves five steps, as given below:
- Stimulation: Usually, in this step of IVF process, women develop one mature egg during every menstrual cycle. However, IVF requires multiple eggs to form a viable embryo. Hence ovarian stimulation with fertility drugs is done to increase follicles and consequently the number of eggs.
- Egg retrieval process: this step of the IVF Procedure is also known as the oocyte or egg retrieval procedure. This technique is used to retrieve several eggs from a woman's ovary. It is the second step of the IVF Process
- Fertilization process: In a carefully controlled environment, egg and sperm are combined to fertilize in a petri dish and develop into a viable embryo.
- Embryo Development: Fertilized eggs are monitored until they reach the blastocyst stage. At this stage, they are also tested for genetic conditions.
- Embryo Transfer: Developed embryos are transferred through a catheter into a woman's uterus. Pregnancy happens if the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. This is the final step of the IVF Process
So that is IVF Process from start to finish.
What Favour the best IVF Process step by step:
IVF Process is done to help patients overcome various medical causes of infertility. Some of the significant conditions that favour IVF Procedure involves:
- Women above 40 with reduced fertility
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian malfunction
- Male infertility
- Unexplained infertility
Using the right IVF process, when parents run the possibility of passing a genetic disorder to their offspring, works as a rescuer. Hence developed embryo is first tested for genetic defects and then transferred to the patient.
This is the starting phase of the IVF Treatment Process; approximately 9 to 12 days post embryo transfer, fertility doctors advise a pregnancy test to their patients. This pregnancy test usually involves a serum test and a progesterone levels test repeated every few days.
This step of the IVF Process If the test comes positive, you are advised to keep having progesterone supplementation for another few weeks. Besides, your specialist will follow up with occasional blood tests and ultrasounds to analyze the pregnancy and observe ectopic pregnancies or miscarriages.
In case the pregnancy test comes negative 12-14 days post-embryo transfer, your specialist will advise you to stop having progesterone. After that, you'll be asked to wait for your menses to begin.
If this was your first IVF attempt, your doctor might suggest another IVF process depending on your health and other factors. We know that having failed IVF is never easy but remember that having one failed attempt doesn't mean you won't get pregnant in another cycle of the IVF Process, start to finish.
Possible risks of embryo transfer in the IVF Process
IVF process involves a higher risk of resulting in multiple pregnancies, and such pregnancies carry risks for both the woman and the babies. Risks of multiple pregnancies include premature delivery, C-section delivery, maternal haemorrhage, and gestational diabetes.
If a woman experiences a high-order pregnancy (i.e. 4 or more), then the doctor may prefer reducing the fetus count through a procedure known as "multifetal pregnancy reduction." This approach of reducing the number of fetuses increases the likelihood of having a successful and healthy pregnancy.
Apart from that, the risk of miscarriage is almost the same as in natural conception, and it rises with age. This is why the rate of miscarriage in younger women is as low as 15%, while for women above 40, it goes upto 50%.
Your contentment and experience at Medicover Fertility clinic are of utmost importance. We know that undergoing fertility treatment can be stressful, confusing, and depressing at times, and therefore we aim to make the entire process hassle-free and comforting for our patients.
At Medicover Fertility, we promise excellent assistance, honest communication, and an advanced standard of care.
So, if you think that IVF is the next step that can help you attain hassle-free pregnancy, discuss it with your fertility specialist if this is an appropriate option for you.