How To Get Pregnant With Irregular Periods?
Irregular Periods Problem
On average, women have a 28 days menstrual cycle, which can range from 24-35 days. Irregular periods are the ones that are either shorter or longer than this range. Having an irregular period is an indication of irregular or no ovulation at all, leading to the inability of a woman to conceive a pregnancy.
Women are usually known to have 11 – 13 Menstrual cycles per year that usually lasts around 2-7 days. However, in women with irregular menstruation, the period timing and the amount of bloodshed varies considerably.
How to Get Pregnant with Irregular Periods?
The key to getting pregnant with irregular periods in women is to get them ovulating. The best way is to find out the reasons behind the woman’s inability to ovulate and fix it. If a woman faces the problem of irregular periods and tries to get pregnant for a long, it is important for her to consult a fertility specialist for proper guidance and understanding of the cause to treat it.
Some of the important ways of conceiving with irregular periods are:
- Women affected with certain health problems like an underactive or overactive thyroid, obesity etc., are commonly found to have irregular periods. In such cases, medications are first given, or modifications are suggested to manage such issues, which normalises ovulation. Trying to conceive after it might improve the chances of conception.
- Sometimes excessive prolactin hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland, affecting the menstrual cycle. In such cases, too, medications can help women ovulate and conceive a pregnancy.
- In cases where the cause of irregular menstruation is unknown, fertility medications can be used to help women ovulate and conceive a pregnancy. Fertility medications are of two types – Oral Medications and Injectables. Oral medications like letrozole or Clomid etc. are given to women with irregular menses. Although these are inexpensive processes of normalising ovulation but are not as effective as Injectable Fertility Medications.
- In women with irregular periods and anovulatory factors, IUI (Intra-uterine Insemination) with controlled ovarian stimulation can also be of great help. Injecting stimulation medications can help follicles to mature and release eggs, which can help women ovulate. After which, IUI, which is an assisted reproductive procedure, is carried out, to enhance the woman’s conception chances with irregular periods. IUI is the process in which sperm is directly injected inside the uterus to help eggs and sperm to fertilise and implant on the uterine walls.
- Women, who are unable to conceive even with fertility medications or IVF, IUI treatment , from a good fertility clinic, is the best option to improve her conception chances. In-Vitro Fertilization treatment is the process in which the eggs are retrieved from the ovaries and fertilised with the sperm in an IVF lab. The embryo thus formed is transferred back to the uterus to implant. With the advancement of technology and the use of modern labs, IVF treatment has helped countless women to conceive.
The irregularities in the menstrual cycle of a woman, does not at all mean that she won’t be able to conceive a pregnancy. It is all about ovulation. Even if the periods are irregular, a woman can successfully conceive. The need is just to find the right diagnosis and treatment of the cause, from the right fertility clinic.
If a woman faces trouble in conceiving due to irregular periods, consulting Medicover Fertility can be the best option for her. It has experts in fertility treatment that has helped couples in overcoming their fertility issues, including those suffering from irregular periods. The state-of-the-art technology, advanced IVF labs, and the technical expertise of doctors at Medicover Fertility are the key to help you make your dream of parenthood come true.
Frequently Asked Questions