What is ICSI Treatment?
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI Treatment is a procedure where a single sperm is picked up with a fine glass needle and injected directly into the cytoplasm of the egg to assist fertilisation.
Who might be recommended to have ICSI Treatment?
The doctor may recommend ICSI Treatment process for a couple:
- In cases of low sperm count.
- In cases of sperms with poor morphology or motility.
- Where the couple had already undergone IVF Treatment, with very few or no eggs fertilised.
- When using frozen sperm in the treatment which isn’t of the highest quality.
- When having an embryo testing for a genetic condition, the sperm sticks to the outside of the eggs.