What is ICSI Treatment?
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection or ICSI Treatment is a procedure where a single sperm is picked up with a fine glass needle and injected directly into the cytoplasm of the egg to assist fertilisation.
Who might be recommended to have ICSI Treatment?
The doctor may recommend ICSI Treatment to a couple:
- In cases of low sperm count.
- In cases of sperms with poor morphology or motility.
- Where the couple had already undergone IVF Treatment, with very few or no eggs fertilised.
- When using frozen sperm in the treatment which isn’t of the highest quality.
- When having an embryo testing for a genetic condition, and the sperm sticks to the outside of the eggs.