Dr. Sweta Gupta
Dr Sweta Gupta is an Internationally trained fertility specialist who is famous for being the best IVF doctor in South Delhi. She is a member of the prestigious Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London (MRCOG) and DFSRH (UK). She has been recently awarded FRCOG from London.
Dr Sweta Gupta is currently working as Clinical Director at Medicover Fertility, new Delhi. She has more than 23 years of experience. After doing MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Delhi University, she moved to England for higher training. She did MRCOG from Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology London and attained Masters in Reproduction and Development from University of Bristol. She further did her fellowship in Reproductive medicine and IVF from Homerton University Hospital London and is certified in ART by British Fertility Society. After working for almost a decade in UK, she returned to India and has played a pivotal role in establishing and exponentially growing Medicover Fertility, a European chain, in India.
Before joining Medicover Fertility, Dr Sweta Gupta was the Medical Director of Bourn Hall Clinic and Moolchand Fertility Centre in Delhi. She has experience of working in London Infertility unit with more than 1,000+ IVF cycles. Overall, she has done more than 8,000 IVF cycles. She has successfully treated many patients with IUI, IVF / ICSI/ IMSI, TESA, blastocyst culture, cryopreservation, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and smoothly running donor and surrogacy programs. She individualizes each couple's treatment plan from the range of options available. She practices evidence-based medicine and keeps abreast with the latest medical advances.
Clinical Director and Sr. IVF Consultant
Dr Sweta did her MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College in Delhi. After completing her MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, she moved to England for higher education, training and work. She attained her master’s degree (MSc) in Reproduction and Development from Bristol University, UK. She has done a clinical fellowship in Reproductive Medicine and ART, from London's Homerton University Hospital. She has been awarded prestigious MRCOG and FRCOG from RCOG, London (UK). She is certified in Assisted Conception Technology from the British Fertility Society. She attended an advanced laparoscopy course from MOET Guildford and a course in ultrasound in obstetrics, gynae and doppler from Sheffield, UK.
- MBBS (Lady Hardinge, Delhi University)
- MD (Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Delhi University)
- MRCOG (RCOG, London, UK)
- DFSRH (London, UK)
- Executive member of Indian Fertility Society (IFS)
- Member representative of RCOG (UK) north India Society.
- M.Sc. Reproduction & Development (Bristol University, UK)
- Fellowship in ART and Reproductive Medicine (Homerton University Hospital, London)
- Joint Treasurer, Indian Fertility Society 2020-22
- Executive member, Indian Fertility Society (IFS) 2016 - 2020
- Member representative of RCOG (UK) north zone, India society.
- Assistant editor of Indian Fertility Society Journal “Fertility Science and Research.”
- She has many publications and presentations to her credit. She is editor of book titled “ART in viral infections”.
She has published several articles in British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, TOG, European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology & Reproductive Biology. Due to her skill and expertise, she has been invited as a guest speaker in various national and international publications and articles in magazines. She has also been involved in the RCOG North Zone, India educational activities, like the MRCOG part 2 examination and basic practical skills. She is a member of several reputed professional societies like RCOG, the British Fertility Society, Eshre, Indian Fertility Society, AOGD, IMA, NOGS, and FOGSI.
- Gupta S et al. A preliminary experience of integration of an Electronic Witnessing System (EWS), its validation, efficacy on lab performance and staff satisfaction assessment in a busy Indian IVF laboratory.” Journal of Human Reproductive Sciences 2020 paper accepted Nov. 2020
- Gupta S, Singh VJ, Fauzdar A, Srivastava A, Sharma K. A comparative study of semen parameters of men undergoing fertility treatment from urban population residing in Delhi/NCR region and semi-urban population from adjoining states. Fertil Sci Res 2020;7:60-9. DOI : 10.4103/fsr.fsr_7_20
- Singla S, Gupta S, Munjal R, Chawla S, Dash BB. Role of pre IVF hysteroscopy in women with unexplained infertility for detecting unsuspected intrauterine lesions and effect on pregnancy outcome. Fertil Sci Res 2020;7:105-10. DOI : 10.4103/fsr.fsr_15_20
- Munjal R, Gupta S. Addition of oestradiol to progesterone for luteal phase support in GnRh antagonist IVF/ICSI cycles. Fertil Sci Res 2019;6:35-9. DOI 10.4103/fsr.fsr_25_19
- Gupta S. Immunomodulation at the receptor mediated cell-signalling, molecular level for fertility treatment. Fertil Sci Res 2015;2:161-2. DOI 10.4103/2394-4285.196792
- Gupta S, Karuputhula N, Kumar N, Srivastava A, Singh B, Dubey K. Correlation of basal serum anti-Mullerian hormone level with oocyte quality and embryo development potential in women undergoing IVF-ICSI. Fertil Sci Res 2017;4:112-6.
- Chapter writing on ‘Preterm labour in ART pregnancies’ for the World Clinics in Obstetrics and Gynecology, issue on Preterm Labor, book published by Jaypee brothers, 2012.
- Gupta S, Bolaji I. Medical management of interstitial pregnancy with high beta-selective human chorionic gonadotrophin. Ultrasound2010;18:60–67.DOI: 10.1258/ult.2010.009004.
- Gupta S, Ettles D, Robinson G, Lindow S. Inferior vena cava filter use in pregnancy: preliminary experience. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (BJOG) 2008; 115:785-788.
- Gupta S, Parsons P, Saha A, Wight C. Follow up of patients with SMILE (Stratified Mucin producing Intraepithelial Lesions) on cervix – a dilemma. Letters to the Editor / European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 148 (2010) 202–209.
- Gupta S, Saha A. Letter to the editor accepted for BJOG “The Role of subtotal/Supracervical Hysterectomy in Current Practice.” “First comment on 2008-CM-5558R1.
- Gupta S, Saha A. Letter to the editor accepted for The Obstetric Gynaecology (April 2009) on the Palmer “Endometrial hyperplasia” of TOG 10.4.