How to Optimize Female Fertility
There is a saying, “Prevention is better than cure.“ It holds true for the fertility segment as well. There are many ways through which women can not only prevent infertility but also optimize & enhance their fertility prowess. A lot of Fertility Clinics in India recommend the following tips to optimize female fertility:
- One must keep their BMI in check because whether one is underweight or overweight – both situations are unwarranted for fertility. Getting pregnant becomes increasingly difficult if one is underweight or overweight; hence, it is vital to maintain a healthy balance. Diet and BMI (body mass index) play an important role in the proper functioning of the female reproductive systems. Women who are overweight or underweight are less likely to conceive compared to those who have a BMI between 18 and 25.
- Alcohol is hazardous for health as well as for fertility. One must strictly avoid alcohol, especially when trying to conceive. Consumption should be limited to no more than a few drinks a week. Although higher levels of alcohol – two drinks or more a day – should be avoided when trying to get pregnant, there is no evidence to show that moderate alcohol consumption adversely affects fertility.
- One must be prudent about their caffeine intake. Too much consumption of caffeine leads to fertility-related problems. Do not have more than a couple of cups of caffeine beverages if you’re trying to become pregnant. Those who consume coffee or soda must stay under 200 to 250 milligrams of caffeine a day.
- Women must be aware of their fertile days. They must unfailingly keep a tab on their basal body temperature and ensure that ovulation is taking place each month.
- Excessive stress can negatively affect the fertility quotient of women. Hence it is important to keep stress at bay by indulging in meditation.
- Smoking is terrible for fertility power. It has a horrid impact on your health and also reduces your ability to get pregnant. The carcinogens in cigarettes are harmful to eggs, and they reduce the overall chances of pregnancy.
- A holistic diet, full of essential vitamins, is beneficial for fertility. One is able to conceive more easily and swiftly if one follows a nutritious diet plan. A diet rich in mercury (found in some seafood) is associated with infertility.
- It is easier and better to maintain a healthy lifestyle than to undergo infertility treatment. So stay healthy and enhance your fertility prowess.