- Irregular Periods Problem
- How to Get Pregnant with Irregular Periods?
- Irregular Periods and Pregnancy Signs at Medicover Fertility
- If your Period is Irregular, can you still get Pregnant?
- What are the Signs of Pregnancy when you have Irregular Periods?
- How many Days to Confirm Pregnancy for Irregular Periods?
- How can I Regulate my Periods Naturally?
- When to Test for Pregnancy if Irregular Periods?
- Does Irregular Periods mean Infertility?
- How to get Pregnant Fast with Irregular Periods?
Irregular Periods Problem
On average, women have a 28 days menstrual cycle, that can range from 24-35 days. Irregular periods are the ones that are either shorter or longer than this range. Having an irregular period is an indication of irregular or no ovulation at all, leading to the inability of a woman to conceive a pregnancy.
Women are usually known to have 11 – 13 Menstrual cycles per year that usually lasts around 2-7 days. However, in women with irregular menstruation, the period timing and the amount of bloodshed varies considerably.
How to Get Pregnant with Irregular Periods?
The key to getting pregnant with irregular periods in women is to get them ovulating. The best way is to find out the reasons behind the woman’s inability to ovulate and fix it. If a woman faces the problem of irregular periods and trying to get pregnant for long, it is important for her to consult a fertility specialist for proper guidance and understanding of the cause to treat it.
Some of the important ways of conceiving with irregular periods are:
- Women affected with certain health problems like an underactive or overactive thyroid, obesity etc. are commonly found to have irregular periods. In such cases, medications are first given, or modifications suggested to manage such issues, which normalises the ovulation. Trying to conceive after it, might improve the chances of conception.
- Sometimes excessive prolactin hormone is secreted by the pituitary gland, affecting the menstrual cycle. In such cases, too, medications can help women ovulate and conceive a pregnancy.
- In cases where the cause of irregular menstruation is unknown, fertility medications can be used to help women ovulate and conceive a pregnancy. Fertility medications are of two types – Oral Medications and Injectables. Oral medications like letrozole or clomid etc. are given to women with irregular menses. Although these are inexpensive processes of normalising ovulation but are not as effective as the Injectable Fertility Medications.
- In women with irregular periods and anovulatory factor, IUI (Intra-uterine Insemination) with controlled ovarian stimulation can also be of great help. Injecting stimulation medications can help follicles to mature and release eggs, can help women ovulate. After which, IUI, which is an assisted reproductive procedure, is carried out, to enhance the woman’s conception chances with irregular periods. IUI is the process in which sperm is directly injected inside the uterus to help eggs and sperm to fertilise and implant on the uterine walls.
- Women, who are unable to conceive even with fertility medications or IVF, IUI treatment , from a good fertility clinic, is the best option to improve her conception chances. In-Vitro Fertilization treatment is the process in which the eggs are retrieved from the ovaries and fertilised with the sperm in an IVF lab. The embryo thus formed is transferred back to the uterus to implant. With the advancement of technology and the use of modern labs, IVF treatment has helped countless women to conceive.
Irregular Periods and Pregnancy Signs at Medicover Fertility
I had been trying to conceive pregnancy and become mother, since just a year after our marriage, but without any success. It’s been almost two years since we started trying. Although, I had been having a problem of irregular periods, however, we kept on trying. But after two years we realised that there’s some problem, that needs assistance. One of my friends who recently delivered a baby suggested me to meet a fertility specialist at Medicover Fertility. After consulting doctor and producing all the reports as asked, I came to know that, even though I was having irregular periods. I really got worried thinking whether I could ever be a Mother or not? The doctor made us believe that I can still be pregnant, and we need to go for IVF treatment. After getting the detailed knowledge of procedure and arranging the cost of it, we went for the treatment. Today I would say that I couldn’t be any happier than the decision to go for the treatment at Medicover. Today we are blessed with a baby. I thank Medicover Fertility for making us parents.
The irregularities in the menstrual cycle of a woman, does not at all mean that she won’t be able to conceive a pregnancy. It is all about ovulation. Even if the periods are irregular, a woman can successfully conceive. The need is just to find the right diagnosis and treatment of the cause, from the right fertility clinic.
If a woman faces trouble in conceiving due to irregular periods, consulting Medicover Fertility can be the best option for her. It has experts in fertility treatment that has helped couples in overcoming their fertility issues, including those suffering from irregular periods. The state-of-the-art technology, advanced IVF labs, and the technical expertise of doctors at Medicover Fertility are the key to help you make your dream of parenthood come true.
If a woman is facing irregular periods problem and facing difficulty conceiving due to it, she can contact Medicover Fertility by calling us at +917862800700, for proper consultation and treatment.
Q – If your Period is Irregular, can you still get Pregnant?
A – Yes! If you are ovulating, in-spite of having irregular periods, you can still get pregnant. Moreover, irregular periods mostly result in anovulation, which is a condition of no ovulation in women. In case a woman faces infertility issues due to anovulatory factor, taking the right treatment from the right centre can help her conceive.
Q – What are the Signs of Pregnancy when you have Irregular Periods?
A – Some of the signs of pregnancy when you have irregular periods are tender breast, lower abdominal cramps, frequent urination, increased appetite, nausea, etc.
Q – How many Days to Confirm Pregnancy for Irregular Periods?
A – In the case of women with irregular periods, she should count 36 days from the date she had tried for pregnancy. A blood test after that with increased HSG levels can help confirm the pregnancy.
Q – How can I Regulate my Periods Naturally?
A – Regulating periods naturally require a healthy lifestyle and eating habits with regular exercises. However, it should also be noted that in case a woman suffers from irregular periods, mere lifestyle changes cannot help while trying to conceive. Consulting a fertility specialist is highly important.
Q – When to Test for Pregnancy if Irregular Periods?
A – In case of women with irregular periods, pregnancy test can be done within 10 days after your missed periods, or within 10 days after 36 days from the last menstrual cycle.
Q – Does Irregular Periods mean Infertility?
A – Irregular periods does not always mean Infertility. If a woman is ovulating in-spite of her irregular periods, she still has chances to conceive. However, such women with irregular periods are required to consult a fertility specialist while trying to conceive, to diagnose the exact cause and work on it to improve the chances of conception.
Q – How to get Pregnant Fast with Irregular Periods?
A – Women with irregular periods can conceive by being treated with fertility medications. Moreover, sometimes the medications do not work. In such cases, they are treated with ART procedures like IUI or IVF, to improve their chances of conception.